Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The Last Post

I read my last post again and chuckled at my passionate outburst. Out of context it could seem like I am at the end of it and on the verge of calling it quits. That's not the case.

God has led a journey for us and it's been wild and dangerous. We've had so much church crap beaten out of us and it's taken a while for us to settle in what I feel called to do. It's slowly becoming clearer and clearer as we learn to be obedient.

I am passionate about the Kingdom of God and I want to see the Rule and Reign of Christ come in the city of Cape Town and beyond. We have been guilty of shying away from the gunfire, as we've had our fair share - but time to move on, it's time to stand up again and take some risks.

Perhaps the season of this blog has come to an end?? No this does not mean that I'm not going to be blogging at all - it just means that this blog feels a bit foreign to me. Can't explain it, so I am not going to make any rash decisions.

Speaking of blogs: A friend of ours has one - Verity's Blog

Fred posted about her on the Ideate site:

In brief, Verity is a singer / songwriter, who has found the experience of cutting a record in South Africa pretty difficult. Instead of getting disillusioned, Verity brainstormed some ideas and decided to sell 'future copies' of her CD. In other words, if you like her music and believe in her, you will pay now for a CD that will be recorded later. You can go to her website, download her songs and then buy through the online payment system.

She needs R300, 000 and she is roughly one fifth of the way. This blog tracks her progress on a day to day basis. She is currently in Nashville, Tennessee and is going to start actively making people aware of her journey. Go and check it out and subscribe. If you believe in music, Verity's blog will remind you why.