Thursday, February 02, 2006

The Truth

Sometimes it takes a while for me to get something! Over the past while I have got some things that I think will have a radical effect on the way I live my life from this point.

I CAN'T PLANT A CHURCH.
We'll I can, but it just won't last - every church that I have tried to plant has failed dismally. Paul never planted a church, so who am I to think that i'll pull it off. (Note to self: Don't use the term "church planting" again.)

GOD IS THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN PLANT A CHURCH
The things that are really happening here in Cape Town are the things that human hands have had very little to do with. I can plant a seed, I can water a seed, but I can't make it grow - only God can.

HANGING OUT WITH CHURCH PEOPLE COULD SUCK THE LIFE OUT OF YOU
Lately, I am finding increasingly difficult to speak to church people. I don't want to talk about church model, I don't want to talk about House Church and I don't wanna talk about who the latest and the greatest is on the Christian music front! Enough already. Last week we pulled down our "church community website" because I can't handle being the local church matchmaker anymore.

A bit of a rant I know, but I just needed to get it out.